This is what Just-In-Time Facilitation Support is all about.
How long? One hour, up to one day (it’s for emergencies, after all)
How? Skype, telephone, on-line, e-mail, face-to-face (if that’s possible)
How much? You decide. You don’t have time to get permission, to fill in requests, to do funding proposals. Let’s get the job done and then you decide how much you want to pay.
But, I don’t know what I need to know. No worries. That’s where I can help.
Have this basic information available:
- Who is the group you’re facilitating?
- How many people?
- For how long?
- Where are they meeting?
- Why are they meeting?
- What do they want to achieve?
- What else are they doing during the meeting?
Here’s some things we might plan together:
- Openings: How do get people ready to do the type of work they need to do?
- Connecting activities: They don’t know each other yet
- Room set up
- Intentional ice-breakers – what activities can you use?
- How to get a large group (more than 40 people) to actively participate
- What if the group is polarised?
- How do I share lots of information quickly and effectively?
- I don’t even know where to start!
- How to capture the information they generate
- What to do if I get stuck?
- I just need to go through the steps of a particular process
- What questions do I ask?
- How can I evaluate the meeting?
- You’d like to try something different or new